Wednesday 7 November 2012

Make Up Must Haves

Being a make up artist, I am familiar with many different brands and from this, my collection has grown considerably. I thought it would useful coming into the winter season to show you the products making their way into my everyday cosmetics bag.
After months of tinted moisturiser and make up free days, Winter is perfect for digging into your collection and discovering old loves. This season, my favourite make up brands have got to be NARS, Chanel and Benefit. Whilst offering amazing colour palettes, these three companies in particular seem to offer great textures. As you can see, during the winter months, I always opt for cream based products, these not only help with dry skin but gives me a glow nostalgic of the summer months.
Soleil Tan De Chanel is my go to base product. Light and Creamy in consistency but heavy in coverage, this product is perfect pre or post foundation to give your skin a subtle sun kissed appearance. Although high in price, I truly believe this product is worth the splurge and should be an essential for all make up lovers.
Mascara is every girls best friend. This particular one from Benefit is one of the best I have found at volumising lashes and giving you that dramatic winged effect. Reasonable in price, this really will have people wondering if 'they're real'.
Blush, Blush, Blush, whether its cream or powder, is an essential. Live by this through every season and you'll be looking fresh and dewy all year round. I personally love Illamasqua for cream blush, this one in Rude is perfection, a dewy melon delight. A little further on the price range, NARS have equally wonderful offerings in the powder blush range, my favourite is Deep Throat.
Lipgloss is the best way to spruce up your appearance. A handbag's best friend, there is a shade and texture for every lady. These are my two favourites for the winter months. Chanel Rouge Allure in Genie, is a beautiful pop of coral reminiscent of summer, and perfect with some big lashes. NARS Turkish Delight, not only famous as being a Kardashian staple but also is one of the most universally appealing baby pink glosses that looks divine over any shade of lip. Go get it girls. 

 Whilst it's great investing your pennies on expanding your cosmetics collection, it's essential you have the correct appliances. Without these, that flawless, seamless effect I believe cannot be achieved. Real Techniques' is a superb, affordable brush range specializing in applying your base. My must haves are the Buffing and the Expert Face Brush; both under £20. With these say "ciao" to messy make up fingers!
BY MIMI.